Georgetown Airport

Georgetown Airport was built in 1941 by the United States Navy and was used by the United States Marine Corps during World War II as an axillary airfield assigned to Parris Island Airfield. Georgetown Marine Corps Airfield (OLF) was also used by the United States Army Air Force light observation squadrons (105th, 112th) to fly antisubmarine patrols over the Atlantic from May 1942 until August 1942.

The airport was turned over to civil authorities in June 1944, and it was developed into a public airport.